Some guy on twitter has been reading all the financial reports from the BIS. They hate crypto...
All info taken from this Twitter thread (https://mobile.twitter.com/samcallah/status/1473815145545551873)
about the Bank of International Settlements 2021 Annual Report:
• They advocate for a global digital identity system.
• Vaccine rollouts are a focus for economic recovery.
• Individuals will have direct accounts with the central bank where all users are identifiable using a universal digital ID scheme.
• Financial surveillance by central banks has increased drastically during the cov-ID era.
• Calls for more surveillance, regulation and enforcement against Crypto Service Providers [link (https://www.bis.org/fsi/publ/insights31_summary.pdf)].
• Recommends automatic 'embedded surveillance' in crypto.
• Shows favour towards the Chinese social credit system.
• “In a cashless society, the general public does not have access to public money.”
• Banks are warming up to the idea of teaming up to form a global digital ID and CBDC system.